Saturday, August 30, 2008

DM's Musings -- Aug 08.

7 yrs is quite some time...you know me well...and you might have guessed it right what I am gonna write.... Paradise Pickles and Preserves ..in short :-)



Its been 3 weeks for me here at Ann Arbor...life is very American, yet very much our own.....the beauty is its diversity... Indian, American, Chinese, Taiwanese, Spanish, French, Dutch..... everyones here....and I love such an environment....I took a boot camp in Biology last week....we tried to amplify a gene and did some assaying.....its called PER3 (whose function is still not very much known) ...Here is a developed Image (mine is 7 ) .... It was a great experiance!! The beauty is, we did a some what state-of-the-art (according to Indian Standards) in a boot-camp....





I loved GMs Article on Amma....although I would resist calling just anyone "Amma"....I think it is toooo unique (metaphysically and otherwise). Tributes to this great lady.....I met a person called Recepgul on the bus yesterday....I remeber he said he was from Turkey.....He studies for Doctor of Music degree..... I wondered if there is anything more fulfilling than Passion....it re-assures me that I am not way-wild....Prevost Sullivan talked just about this and a larger responsibility of academic integrity....it was good...




Shiva Took me around the Campus just after he arrived at Ann Arbor....of all the great things he showed (the first computer. the first round-the-earth Jet, etc..) this one impressed me a lot....Shannon....I never understood his thoery so very well...i know it is un-becomming of an electronics Engr if I said so, but I confess.....this place is simply engrossing... We had a department orientation last week.... A prof presented his observation of capsid proteins (to make it simple, it is the outer shell of viruses) using Topology, Random behavior and other stuff....





Lastly, I still am trying hard to find some ground behind my feet in the sandy shores I have chosen...We know tooo much about each other to write about the past....I moved away from Paradise Pickles and Preserves.....Alvia for now.....

~DM

No comments: